Best of Northern Florida Events: March 9-16
Florida Travel Guide – March 9-16: Things to do in Northern Florida
Go for a run, admire some art and feast on crawfish! If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area March 9-16 let fun be your guide.
1) Shamrock Scurry
Take part in a 5K run or a 1 mile Fun Run/walk and join the race for hunger. Proceeds will benefit Killearn United Methodist Church Mission Outreach Programs. The registration cost includes a yummy post-race pancake breakfast!
- Highlight: Running one of Tallahassee’s oldest races
- When: March 10, 2012 | Fun Run/Walk: 8am, 5K: 8:30am
- Where: Killearn United Methodist Church, 2800 Shamrock South, Tallahassee, FL 32309
- Cost: Pre-Registration (with t-shirt): Fun Run $10, 5k $15. Day of: Fun Run $13, 5K $20
2) Coosh’s Bayou Rouge 11th Annual Crawfish Brawl
Pack up some lawn chairs or a picnic blanket and prepare to enjoy an afternoon featuring BBQ’d crawfish. Feast on jambalaya, red beans, burgers and hot dogs. Enjoy music and dancing! There’s a special play area for kids.
- Highlight: Amazing food
- When: March 10, noon-5pm
- Where: 2910 Kerry Forest Parkway, Tallahassee, FL 32309
- Cost: Free
3) North Beaches Art Walk
Sample some delightful dishes from local restaurants, sip a glass of wine while admiring countless works of art. Chat with artists and local business owners. Enjoy live local music. The Art Work takes place rain or shine every third Thursday.
- Highlight: Strolling a beautiful neighborhood, admiring art
- When: March 15, 5pm-9pm
- Where: Beaches Town Center, 1st Street, Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?