Best of Northern Florida Events: March 30-April 6
Florida Travel Guide – March 30-April 6: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’ll be traveling in Florida’s Northern area between March 30 and April 6, let fun be your guide!
1. Clay County Fair
With livestock exhibits, a midway complete with roller coaster and ferris wheel, lawn mower races and good old country entertainment including The Oak Ridge Boys, this is as “country fair” as you get.
- Highlight: Pig races, lawn mower races, music and food.
- When: March 29-April 7 (Hours vary)
- Where: 2493 State Road 16 W., Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- Cost: Adults: $8, Seniors & Children 6-12: $5, Children under 5: Free
2. Tallahassee Sand Festival
There’s a festival for everything these days, so why not celebrate sand? During the Tallahassee Sand Festival, celebrate the art, the artistry and the industry of sand in everyday life. There’ll be sand sculpture competitions, sand volleyball and much more.
- Highlight: Amazing sand sculpture
- When: March 30: 5:30pm-9pm, March 31: 10am-4pm, April 1: 10am-4pm
- Where: Pavillion at Market District in Market Square, 1415 Timberlane Road, Tallahassee, FL
- Cost: Free
3. Blooms Galore and More
Check out the 7th annual Blooms, Galore and More artisan festival and plant sale on the gorgeous St Johns River. Not only can you buy plants at great prices, but there will be many unique hand-crafted items available for sale, too. Check out the demonstration being put on by world-famous floral designer, Jan Sillik who will show us how to make gorgeous floral arrangements with basic grocery store flowers! Bring your gardening questions with you!
- Highlight: Learning how to arrange flowers
- When: March 31, 9am-3pm
- Where: The Garden Club of Jacksonville, 1005 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Cost: Free
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?