Best of Northern Florida Events: Mar. 2-Mar. 9
Florida Travel Guide – Mar. 2-Mar. 9: Things to do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area between March 2nd and 9th, let fun be your guide.
1) Greater Good Music, Art and Children Festival/Fundraiser
Bring the whole family to Bayview Park for a day of super fun family activities. There’ll be amazing food available, art vendors selling their work, and fabulous musical entertainment will include reggae, folk, bluegrass, contemporary, rock and R&B performances. All kinds of fun activities will be happening for the kids – they can even take yoga classes!
- Highlight: Good family fun with musical diversity
- When: March 3, 9am-5pm
- Where: Bayview Park, 2001 East Lloyd Street, Pensacola FL 32503
- Cost: Free
2) Florida Azalea Festival
Visit one of the oldest festivals in Florida – one that celebrates the beautiful azalea bloom. Every year on the first weekend of March this festival is held to coincide with the blooming of Florida’s azaleas. The festival was first held in 1930 and it has managed to survive World War II, financial disaster and floods. This year’s event includes a vendor area, motorcycle rally, car show, pet show amphitheater, bicycle polo, food, entertainment and lots more. Pay homage to a classic Florida event.
- Highlight: Beautiful blooms
- When: March 3: starts at 9am, March 4: starts at 10am (times vary)
- Where: The Palatka Welcome Center, 900 St. Johns Ave, Palatka, FL 32177
- Cost: Free
3) Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance
Happening rain or shine, this spectacular car show celebrates classic automobiles as well as the people who admire them. Come see the stunning, unique and hardly ever seen “star cars” including the rear engine experimental Corvette XP-819. Shelbys, Ferraris, Mercedes…the list goes on!
- Highlight: Admiring drool-worthy automobiles
- When: March 9-11 (times vary)
- Where: The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island and The Golf Club of Amelia Island at Summer Beach (4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Amelia Island, FL 32034)
- Cost: Adults: $50 in advance ($60 at the gate), Youth ages 12-18: $25, Children under 12: Free, Active Duty Military: $25
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?