Best of Northern Florida Events: June 15-22
Florida Travel Guide – June 15-22: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling through the Northern area of Florida looking for something fun to do to fill the time, check out these three great events happening over the next couple of days!
1. Sawannee River Jubilee
Enjoy a weekend full of spirited Southern Gospel music at A Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park’s wonderful outdoor venue. Bring your own lawn chair and listen to the music of Dixie Echoes and other talented acts. The gates open at 5:30pm and the music starts at 7:30pm.
- Highlight: Gospel music in the out of doors
- When: June 14-16, gates open at 5:30pm
- Where: A Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park, 3076 95th Drive, Live Oak, Florida 32060
- Cost: $13 in advance, $15 at the gate
2. Jacksonville Salsa Jam
More than 20 incredible shows featuring the best dancers and dance instructors in the state of Florida will be happening during the Jacksonville Salsa Jam. Nightly parties take place after the workshops and showcases are over. These workshops (there are more than 20) teach beginners and advanced dancers everything from Belly Dancing to Salsa! Have some fun in the sun at the rooftop pool party on Sunday afternoon!
- Highlight: Dancing!
- When: June 15-17
- Where: Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel, 225 E Coastline Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Cost: Pricing varies (per event and per day ticketing options available)
3. First Annual Father’s Day Soul and Blues Festival
If you’re looking for Father’s Day ideas, check out the first annual Father’s Day Soul and Blues Festival presented by Team Airplay of Atlanta, Georgia. It takes place on Father’s Day, June 17, at 6:00pm at The Tanyard Creek Amphitheater in Quincy Florida. Bobby Rush, Shirley Jones, Lacee and Calvin Richardson will all be performing. Shop for festival-related items and food at the vendor booths. Commemorate the occasion by hopping in the photo booth and snapping a fun picture with your dad!
- Highlight: Soulful music with Dad
- When: June 17, 2pm-11:59pm
- Where: Tanyard Creek Amphitheater, 32 Martin Luther King Blvd., Quincy, FL 32351
- Cost: $25-35
Which of these fun Northern Florida events would you most like to enjoy with your family?