Best of Northern Florida Events: June 1-8
Florida Travel Guide – June 1-8: Things To Do in Northern Florida
When you’re traveling through Northern Florida this week, take some time to slow down and relax at one of these fun events taking place over the next few days.
1. Fiesta of Five Flags
Celebrate the founding of Pensacola, which happened in 1559, and the five governing flags which have flown over the city since then. The festivities gets started with a reenactment of the city surrendering to Spanish explorer Don Tristan de Luna. Afterwards there will be musical entertainment outside.
- Highlight: Outdoor entertainment
- When: June 2-10
- Where: Seville Quarter, 130 East Government Street Pensacola, FL 32502
- Cost: Free
2. Wellborn Blueberry Festival
It’s blueberry harvest time and that means it’s time to celebrate! Pies, jellies, cobblers, muffins, syrups and more can be found in Wellborn at the annual Blueberry Festival. Shop at the country store, admire the arts and crafts, enter the bake-off, see the parade and enjoy the entertainment. There will be talent contests for children, a tasting party and a cash raffle. So much fun!
- Highlight: Delicious blueberry treats
- When: June 1: 2pm-8m, June 2: 7am-5pm
- Where: Andrews Square, 1340 Eighth Ave., Wellborn, FL, 32094
- Cost: Free
3. 19th Annual Beach Bash
Take the family to Anastasia State Park and enjoy the Beach Bash. The kids will love the “Treasure of Anastasia” scavenger hunt which ends with a pretty spectacular sandcastle/sculpture contest. Park rangers will be on hand to offer interpretive programs.
- Highlight: Fun family scavenger hunt
- When: June 2: 9am-3pm
- Where: Anastasia State Park, 1340-A State Road A1A South, St. Augustine, Florida 32080
- Cost: Regular park fees apply ($8/vehicle (2-8 people), $4/single occupant vehicle)