Best Of Northern Florida Events: July 4 2012
Florida Travel Guide – July 4 2012: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’re in Northern Florida for the Fourth of July holiday this year, you may be wondering what to do, to celebrate America’s birthday. Here are some ideas you might find helpful.
1. Red, White and The Deep Blue Celebration, Amelia Island
It’s not your everyday barbecue taking place on Independence Day at the Ritz-Carlton’s Oceanfront Lawn – it’s quite a lavish spread! Listen to live country music by Whiskey Bent. Kids will enjoy fun and games before the fireworks show starts at 9pm.
- Highlight: Whiskey Bent
- When: July 4, 9pm
- Where: The Ritz Carlton, 4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Amelia Island, FL 32034
- Cost: Adults/$69, Children/$25
2. Celebrate America July 4 Festival
The fun gets underway at Tom Brown Park in Tallahassee, starting at 5:30pm with a welcome ceremony, followed by a moving naturalization ceremony for new American citizens. The fun includes a free concert by the Fabulous Thunderbirds. After the show, watch the spectacular fireworks display.
- Highlight: Fabulous Thunderbirds
- When: July 4, 5:30pm
- Where: Tom Brown Park, 501 Easterwood Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: Free
3. Fourth of July Celebration, St. Augustine
Seeing as how this is one of the very largest displays of fireworks on the East Coast, you’ll want to get there before the start time of 9:30 to ensure a good vantage spot. The display is really spectacular as the colors burst over the Castillo de San Marcos Fort.
- Highlight: Really big fireworks display
- When: July 4, 9:30pm
- Where: 1 South Castillo Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Cost: Free
What are you doing in Northern Florida on July 4 this year?