Best Of Northern Florida Events: July 27-August 3
Florida Travel Guide: Events July 27-August 3
Searching for something fun to do on your travels in Northern Florida this weekend? Check out one of these great events!
1. Smokin’ on the Suwannee BBQ Festival
Head to the Smokin’ on the Suwannee BBQ Festival at the Spirit of the Suwannee River Music Park. The kids have an area to play in while adults enjoy live music. Check out the car show and shop at the vendor booths. Participate in the Hog Jog – a 5k race starting on Saturday at 8am (register between 7 and 7:45).
- Highlight: BBQ
- When: July 27-July 28, 2012
- Where: Spirit of the Suwannee River Music Park, 3076 95th Drive, Live Oak, Florida
- Cost: $2
2. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Check out a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show! The 5 & Dime Players will be doing a reenactment as well. Audience participation is welcomed and encouraged so bring some enthusiasm along with you. Oh, and you can bring props too. Just check the list of what’s approved.
- Highlight: Seeing a classic film
- When: July 29, 2012 | 8pm & midnight
- Where: 333 N Laura St, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: Free
3. Saturday Night Rhythm and Blues with Crooked Shooz
Enjoy an evening of fabulous dance music and a night of rhythm and blues with Crooked Shooz at The American Legion Hall on Lake Ella. Only come out if you adore old school music and if you love dancing, too!
- Highlight: Dancing!
- When: July 28-July 29, 2012
- Where: The American Legion Hall at Lake Ella, 229 Lake Ella Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32303
- Cost: $8 per ticket, $15 per couple
Which of these Northern Florida events will you take in on your travels?