Best Of Northern Florida Events: July 13-20 2012
Florida Travel Guide – July 13-20 2012: Things To Do In Northern Florida
If you’re looking for some stuff to do in Florida this weekend and you’ll be in the Northern part of the state, check out the Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament, Starry Nights and the Swamp Stomp!
1. Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament, Jacksonville
Even if your’e not an angler, you should still take the family to this great free event happening at Jim King Park & Boat Ramp. In addition to the fishing tournaments (only $10 to enter the Junior Angler Tournament!), there’s also a festival taking place with live music, a boat show and food. The week of events comes to a finish with a glorious display of fireworks!
- Highlight: The Liar’s Tent
- When: July 16-21
- Where: Jim King Park & Boat Ramp at Sister Creek, 8203 Heckscher Drive, Jacksonville
- Cost: Free + free parking
2. Swamp Stomp Music Festival
Head to the outdoor stage of the Tallahassee Museum and prepare to relax to the sounds of fantastic live music. The 34th annual Swamp Stomp Music Festival is taking place on Saturday and it features some of the best-loved musicians in the region.
- Highlight: Live music outside
- When: July 14 4pm-9pm
- Where: Tallahassee Museum, 3945 Museum Drive Tallahassee, FL 32310
- Cost: Adults/$9, Children/$6
3. Starry Nights
Pack a picnic and a couple of chairs or a blanket and head to St. Marys Waterfront Park. Local performing artists will be there to entertain you “under the stars” in a series designed to showcase the local and regional stars of the area in a fabulous outdoor venue. The performance on Saturday, July 14 will be by No Known Cure.
- Highlight: Outdoor entertainment and a feeling of community
- When: July 14 7pm-9pm
- Where: 205 West St. Marys Street FL 315558
- Cost: Free
Which of these events gets you most excited to add to your list of stuff to do in Florida?