Best of Northern Florida Events: Feb. 24-Mar. 2
Florida Travel Guide Florida Travel Guide – Feb. 24-Mar. 2: Things to do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area between February 24 and March 2, let fun be your guide.
1)Stone Age and Primitive Arts Festival
Members of the Florida Public Archaeology Network will introduce you to the primitive arts at the fun and informative Stone Age and Primitive Arts Festival. Check out workshop demonstrations in flint knapping, projectile point fashioning, deer hide tanning, antler carving and more!
- Highlight: Learning old-timey skills
- When: February 24, 8am-4pm
- Where: Ochlockonee River State Park, 429 Park Ave, Sopchoppy, FL 32358
- Cost: Included in park entrance fee
2)Leap Day Sunset River Cruise
Celebrate February’s extra day on a relaxing cruise on the Hurricane Queen down the Intracoastal Waterway. Enjoy complimentary refreshments aboard this 90-minute cruise. Bring a camera! Reservations are required.
- Highlight: Celebrating 2012’s extra day
- When: February 29, 4:45pm-6:30pm
- Where: Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area at Flagler Beach, 3100 S. State Road A1A, Flagler Beach, Florida 32136
- Cost: $20 donation
3) Tallahassee Arrowhead & Fossil Show
Take a look at the finest fossils and arrowheads ever to be found in Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Buy t-shirts, books and display cases. Bring your own special finds and get them identified and appraised.
- Highlight: Interesting historic specimens
- When: February 25, 8am-3pm
- Where: Elks Lodge 276 N. Magnolia Dr. Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: Adults: $4, Children: Free
4) New Leaf Market Sponsor Free Wine Tasting
Sample some delicious gourmet wines – many free of additives.
- Highlight: Free wine samples
- When: March 2, 5:30pm-7pm
- Where: New Leaf Market, 1235 Apalachee Pkwy. Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: Free
5) A Walk in the Woods
Go on one of two fun and informative walks. One is for fitness, one is more casual, but they are both open to the public and they’re completely free.
- Highlight: Getting close with nature
- When: February 25, 8am – 11am
- Where: Arlington: Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens, 1445 Millcoe Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32225
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?