Best of Northern Florida Events: Feb. 17-23
Florida Travel Guide – Feb. 17-23: Things to do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area between February 17th and 23rd, let fun be your guide.
1) Steinhatchee Fiddler Crab Festival
Food and craft vendors, live music, contests and more. All celebrating the Fiddler crab! A very fun family event.
- Highlight: Watching crabs race
- When: Feb 17: 6pm-11pm, Feb 18: 7am-11pm, Feb 19: 7am-4pm
- Where: 1013 Riverside Dr SE, Steinhatchee FL 32359
- Cost: Varies depending on event
2) H’COLA’s 9th Annual African-American History Festival
This 3-day outdoor festival highlights, celebrates and showcases national and local African-American history. Explore vendor booths, enjoy delicious food, take in the music and learn something you might not have known before. Live music happens in the evening.
- Highlight: Celebrating African-American History
- When: Feb 17: 6pm-11pm, Feb 18: 9am-11pm, Feb 19: 9am-11pm
- Where: Franklin Square 6th Street Apalachicola, FL 32320
- Cost: Free
3) Southeast Regional PIGFEST
Enjoy two days of scrumptious BBQ food and good music! Check out the Arts and Crafts Marketplace and the Kids Zone. Sunday features a Battle of the Bands and the PigFest-CarFest Car Show
- Highlight: A sizzling good time
- When: Feb 18-19: 10am-5:30pm
- Where: North Florida Fairgrounds, 441 Paul Russell Road, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: Adults: $6 Kids: $3 Under 5: Free
4) Winter Wildlife Tour
Naturalist Don Morrow will lead you on a tour to view birds, mammals, plants and reptiles on the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge. Bring bug repellant, water, field guides and binoculars. Call to register (850) 925-6121, space is limited.
- Highlight: Seeing animals in their natural habitat
- When: Feb 18: 1pm
- Where: St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, 1255 Lighthouse Road St. Marks, FL 32355
- Cost: $5
5) Yoga Under the Trees
Grab your mat, head to the picnic tables and practice yoga beneath the oak trees with master Yoga Instructor Susan Byrne Lee.
- Highlight: Yoga in the out of doors
- When: Feb 18: 10am-11am
- Where: Arlington: Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens, 1445 Millcoe Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32225
- Cost: $10
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?