Best of Northern Florida Events: Feb. 10-17
Florida Travel Guide: Best Northern Florida Events Feb. 10-17
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area February 10 and 17th, let fun be your guide. Since this is the week leading up to Valentine’s Day, we even have a couple of romantic events for you to consider! Read all about some of the most fun Northern Florida Events happening Feb 10-17.
1) Flight to Freedom, St. Augustine
- Highlight: Seeing a living history event
- When: February 11, 10am-3pm
- Where: Historic Fort Mose State Park, 15 Fort Mose Trail St. Augustine, Florida 32084
- Cost: Adults: $2 Children under 5: Free
2) 34th Annual Jacksonville Model Train and Railroadiana Show and Sale
Explore more than 300 tables of model railroad items. If you’re a rail buff you’ll be interested in the dining car china, calendars, signs, switch locks and keys, lanterns, and other artifacts used by the railroads that will be there for admiring and purchasing! If you’re a modeler, you’ll be able to purchase American Flyer, Lionel, LGB, Marklin or Ives Trains from both the present and the past.
- Highlight: Visiting railroading dealers from around the country
- When: February 11, 9am-5pm
- Where: Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, 1000 Water Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Cost: Adults: $7, Children under 12: Free
3) Romantic Readings
Luella Knott wrote many touching poems for her husband, William Valentine Knott. For something special and unique this Valentine’s Day, head to the Knott House Museum and listen to a reading by Dominika Wrozynski while harpist Jamie Gossett helps set the stage for romance. Delicious treats will be served. Call 1-(850)-922-2459 for information. Seating is limited.
- Highlight: Poetry and harp music on Valentine’s Day
- When: February 14, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Where: Knott House Museum 301 East Park Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: $7
4) Mardi Gras At The Beach
Dancing in the streets to live bands, a festive parade, Cajun food (can you say gumbo?) and fireworks…it’s Mardis Gras at Panama City Beach!
- Highlight: Celebrating Mardis Gras at the Beach!
- When: Feb 17: Noon-8pm, Feb 18: 10am-8:30pm
- Where: Pier Park, 16101 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, 32413
- Cost: Free
5) Bella Luna: Dessert Under the Stars
Enjoy views of the downtown skyline with your Valentine from the rooftop of the Museum of Science and History. Enjoy a special Valentine-themed Cosmic Concert, stargazing and museum exploration! Of course there will also be decadent desserts prepared by the area’s best caterers and restaurants. Each guests receives one free beverage! Get your tickets asap because space is limited!
- Highlight: Sweet stargazing with your Valentine
- When: February 11, 7pm-10pm
- Where: Museum of Science and History, 1025 Museum Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Cost: $45 per couple
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?