Best Of Northern Florida Events: August 3-August 10
Florida Travel Guide – Events To Do August 3-August 10
Looking for something to do as you travel through Northern Florida this weekend? Check out one of these great events taking place over the next few days.
1. St. Joseph Bay Scallop Festival
Feast on succulent seafood – fried scallop dinners will be available to eat at the festival or to take home – listen to the music of 19 South, Hits & Grins, Bo Spring Band, Reed Waddle and Aaron Tippin. Shop local vendor booths for art and crafts and scallops. Peruse the classic car and boat show. Let the kids burn off some energy in the Kid’z Zone. It’s two days of family fun!
- Highlight: Performance by Aaron Tippin
- When: August 3-August 4, 2012
- Where: Shipyard Cove, George Core Park on St. Joseph Bay, Port St. Joe, Florida
- Cost: Friday: $5, Saturday until 4pm: $5, Saturday after 5pm: $10
2. Funday and Possum Festival
The town of Wausau holds the possum in such high esteem that a festival is held in its honor each and every year. Check out the hog callin’, rooster crowin’ and cow lowin’ contest. Watch the parade, enjoy live music and entertainment for kids. There’ll be arts and crafts, possum auctions, a pageant and food. Will you try the possum stew or the possum ice cream?
- Highlight: Celebrating the possum
- When: August 4, 2012 | 6am-5pm
- Where: Wausau, Florida 32463
- Cost: Free
3. Open House at World Ballet
Celebrate World Ballet Inc.’s fifth season in Tallahassee with a visit to the 6,400-square foot facility for a tour, some refreshments and to meet the staff. If you enroll yourself or one of your children between August 6th and 11th you’ll receive a free backpack!
- Highlight: A tour of the facility
- When: August 6-August 11, 2012
- Where: World Ballet 2518 Cathay Ct. Tallahassee Florida 32308
- Cost: Free
Which of these Northern Florida events would you most like to explore with your family?