Best of Northern Florida Events: April 6-13
Florida Travel Guide – April 6-13: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area between April 6 and 13, let fun be your guide.
1. Sounds on Centre
Dust off your dancing shoes, haul out those lawn chairs, grab some friends and head to Centre Street (between Second St. and Front St.) for a free community concert. Presented by The Historic Fernandina Business Association, this month’s performance will be Hip Hop!
- Highlight: Free hip hop concert
- When: April 6, 6pm-8pm
- Where: 100 N 2nd St., Fernandina Beach, FL 32034-4104
- Cost: Free
2. Cafe 4750 Easter Brunch
Enjoy a delicious, coastal brunch featuring fresh shrimp, local fish, eggs benedict and many more favorite breakfast dishes. Oh and there will be dessert!
- Highlight: Eggs benedict
- When: April 8, noon-3pm
- Where: The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, 4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Amelia Island, FL 32034
- Cost: Adult: $45, Age 5-12: $19 (plus gratuity)
3. iGrow Bucket Demonstration
Learn how to grow your own food. For $32 you can get an iGrow bucket, filled with compost mix and pre-planted with heirloom tomato and built-in trellis. The iGrow bucket is a self-watering food garden built using a couple of five-gallon buckets. The rick compost mix ensures that high nutrient vegetables are grown. Come to the seminar and see for yourself!
- Highlight: Learn to grow food in a bucket
- When: April 7, 9:30am-10:45am
- Where: New Leaf Market 1235 Apalachee Pkwy. Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: Free
4. Jolee Island Egg Hunt
Come out for the unveiling of the Sandestin Foundation for Kids which kicks off with the first Jolee Island Bunny Hop and Easter Egg Walk. Hunt for more than 4000 eggs hidden around Jolee Island. Some are full of candy, some have toys inside while others may have cash or special prizes! In admission price you receive a special t-shirt per family.
- Highlight: Supporting a foundation for kids
- When: April 7, 8:30am
- Where: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, 9300 Emerald Coast Parkway West, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
- Cost: Family of 4: $20, Each additional person: $5
5. Egg Hunt, Scramble
Bring the family out for some Easter fun! The egg hunt is divided into groups: age 2-4, age 5-7 and 8-10.
- Highlight: Hunting for eggs with the family
- When: April 7, noon
- Where: 600 Pier Park Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32413
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?