Best of Northern Florida Events: April 27-May 4
Florida Travel Guide – April 27-May 4: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area between April 27 and May 4 let fun be your guide.
1. Interstate Mullet Toss and Gulf Coast’s Greatest Beach Party
A silly event at the Florabama Lounge & Oyster Bar allows you to raise some serious money for local charities by tossing a 1-pound mullet across the Alabama/Florida state line! Where do the mullets come from? The ocean of course. What? You didn’t think we were talking about hair, did you?
- Highlight: Tossing mullets
- When: April 27: noon, April 28 & 29: 10am
- Where: Florabama Lounge & Oyster Bar, 17401 Perdido Key Drive, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Cost: Mullet toss: $15, Watching the mullet toss: Free
2. Carrabelle Riverfront Festival
Seafood, music, award-winning artists showing their original works of art. Stained glass, metal art, pottery, wood carving and more. Look at the sand sculpture, take the children to the kid’s zone and watch the live entertainment.
- Highlight: Food, music and artisans
- When: April 28: 10:30am-6pm, April 29: 8:30am-2pm
- Where: 701 Marine Street, Carrabelle, FL
- Cost: Free
3. Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival
Explore the live butterfly house, visit booths of eco-friendly vendors, enjoy delicious food & drinks (proceeds benefit Tree Hill) and listen to live music from folk singer, Mrs. Kate. The kids can get their faces painted, and participate in crafts during the Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival.
- Highlight: Live butterfly release
- When: April 28, 10am-4pm
- Where: Tree Hill Nature Center, 7152 Lone Star Road, Jacksonville, FL 32211
- Cost: $5/adults, $4/seniors/military/students, $3/kids
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?