Best of Northern Florida Events: April 20-27
Florida Travel Guide – April 20-27: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area April 20-27th, let fun be your guide! Get outdoors and celebrate Earth Day!
1. Seabreeze Jazz Festival
Join thousands of fans of contemporary jazz in Panama City Beach this weekend during the Seabreeze Jazz Festival. Dave Koz will be there!
- Highlight: The smooth sounds of jazz
- When: April 20: 6pm April 21 & 22: 10am
- Where: 500 West Park Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32415
- Cost: General Admission: $80
2. Earth Day Exotic Plant Pull
Spend some time on Earth Day making a difference while you celebrate the planet. Join the efforts of other volunteers who will be removing invasive exotic coral ardisia plants, helping to restore wildlife habitat in the sensitive live oak hammock forests. Bring bug spray, sunscreen, a water bottle and lunch.
- Highlight: Make a difference
- When: April 22, 9am-12pm
- Where: Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, 100 Savannah Boulevard, Micanopy, Florida 32667
- Cost: Free
3. Earth Day Celebration & Scavenger Hunt
Nature Coast State Trail, Fanning and Manatee Springs state parks will be hosting a special scavenger hunt at Fanning Springs this Sunday, in honor of Earth Day. “The Secret River” will be read by a park ranger from 1 until 1:30, before the scavenger hunt begins. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!
- Highlight: Reading of “The Secret River”
- When: April 22, 1pm-4pm
- Where: 18020 N.W. Highway 19, Fanning Springs, Florida 32693
- Cost: $6/vehicle (up to 8 people)
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels.