Best Of Northern Florida Events: June 22-June 29
Florida Travel Guide – June 22-June 29: Things To Do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in the Northern area of Florida this weekend, check out some of the great events taking place in this part of the state.
1. Families in Nature
Crafts, a scavenger hunt, prizes, snacks and all kinds of fun family activities are happening down at St. Marks in celebration of Get Outdoors month.
- Highlight: Family fun in the out of doors
- When: June 23 2012, 11am-2pm
- Where: St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, 1255 Lighthouse Road St. Marks, FL 32355
- Cost: $5 refuge entrance fee
2. Sing Along With The Muppets
Come see a screening of the original 1979 “The Muppet Movie” with your friends in Jacksonville this weekend. Get a fun bag to take home with you and a chance to meet a PBS character! Proceeds benefit the Jacksonville Film Festival.
- Highlight: Singing along with the original Muppets
- When: June 23 2012, 10am
- Where: 100 Festival Park Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Cost: $8
3. To Kill a Mocking Bird
If you like to think with your popcorn, head to the intimate All Saints Cinema this weekend for a screening of the classic film, “To Kill a Mockingbird.” The event is being sponsored by the Tallahassee Film Society and organizers hope to see all 70 seats of the theater full on June 24 for this special movie viewing. Before the film starts, Diane Roberts, a creative writing professor at Florida State University, will speak, putting the film in context for viewers.
- Highlight: Seeing a classic movie in an intimate setting
- When: June 24 2012, 5pm
- Where: All Saints Cinema, 918 1/2 Railroad Ave. Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: $8
Which of these Northern Florida events are you most interested in?