Best of Free Florida Events: May 4-11
Florida Travel Guide: May 4-11 – Free Florida Events
If you’re traveling through Florida looking for some free events to check out, let fun be your guide!
1. Smoke n’ Blues, Bikes and BBQ, St. Cloud
Follow your nose to the smoky goodness of BBQ in St. Cloud for Smoke n’ Blues, Bikes and BBQ. Competitions (sanctioned competitions) will be taking place for professionals and backyard BBQers. Listen to live blues as you check out the bike show, shop from crafters and BBQ vendors.
- Highlight: BBQ competition
- When: May 4: 7pm-10pm, May 5: 10am-10pm
- Where: St. Cloud Lakefront
- Cost: Free
2. Greynolds Park Annual Love-in, North Miami Beach
Head back in time to North Miami Beach to the time of the flower child. 1960s clothing and music return to Greynolds Park for the 9th Annual Love-In which attracts free spirits of all ages. Enjoy the music of Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals, participate in the 60s Costume Contest, see the classic cars and perhaps buy a tie-dye shirt to take home with you!
- Highlight: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals
- When: May 6 11am-6:30pm
- Where: Greynolds Park, 18501 N.E. 22 Avenue, North Miami Beach, FL, 33280
- Cost: Free ($10 parking fee)
3. Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival
Bring the whole family to the 49th annual Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival. Feast on shrimp and other seafood dishes, shop for arts and crafts, take the kids to the Fun Zone!
- Highlight: Decorated shrimp boats
- When: May 4: 6pm-10:30pm, May 5: 9am-6pm, May 6: 10am-5pm
- Where: Historic Downtown Centre Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Cost: Free
What favorite free Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?