Best of Free Florida Events: April 27-May 4
Florida Travel Guide – April 27-May 4: Free Florida Events
If you’re traveling in Florida between April 27 and May 4, and you’re looking for some free events to check out, let fun be your guide!
1. The Cotee River Seafood & Blues Festival
Music, food and art. Does it get any better than a combination of the three? Relax at Sims Park and listen to the music from the Thunderbolt Brown Blues Band, the Bluzification Band, Josh Lamkin, Sean Chambers and many more. Feast on fresh seafood and sushi (the sushi is made to order) take in some kayaking demonstrations and see the famous Mermaids of Weeki Wachee!
- Highlight: Food, music and art
- When: April 27: 4-10, 28: 10-10, 29: 10-5
- Where: Sims Park, Bank Street and Grand Boulevard, New Port Richey, FL, 34652
- Cost: Free
2. Fort Lauderdale Air Show
Head to Fort Lauderdale Beach and look up – way up! – to see the US Air Force Thunderbirds in a four-hour patriotic display featuring top civilian and military acts. The flying skills they demonstrate as they soar, dip and dive over the ocean will make you believe anything is possible.
- Highlight: An amazing display in the sky
- When: April 28-29, noon-5pm
- Where: Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Cost: Free (premium viewing spots start at $29)
3. Family Movie Night Under the Stars
Pack up some lawn chairs, a blanket and a basket full of snacks, and head to Cambier Park to watch a movie with the family on a giant screen under the twinkling night sky! What’s better than watching the stars under the stars?
- Highlight: A family movie under the stars
- When: April 28, 7pm-9pm
- Where: Cambier Park, 735 Eighth St. S., Naples, FL 34102
- Cost: Free
What favorite free Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?