Best of Free Florida Events: April 13-20
Florida Travel Guide – April 13-20: Free Things to Do in Florida
If you’ll be in Florida between April 13 and 20th, check out these free events and let fun be your guide!
1. Bay Jam 18
Over a dozen bands are gearing up to play Sunday’s outdoor music festival in Key West known as Bay Jam. Enjoy a day full of great music and good fun in a stunning setting on the Florida Bay.Swim only steps away from the Amphitheater stage! Enjoy delicious food, buy a collectable t-shirt or peruse the vendor booths for a unique piece of jewelry!
- Highlight: Free music and fun
- When: Sunday April 15, 11am-10pm
- Where: Founders Park, 87000 Overseas Highway, MM 87 Bayside, Islamorada, FL 33036
- Cost: Free
2. Earth Day Celebration at Bahia Honda State Park
Enjoy puppet shows (who doesn’t like a good puppet show?), live music, environmental booths and exhibits, marine life touch tanks, sand sculpture contests, telescopes with special viewing lenses and more! Simply head to Bahia Honda State Park for a celebration of the earth on Saturday. There will be hotdogs and sloppy joes. Mmm!
- Highlight: Celebrating the earth with sloppy joes
- When: April 14, 9am-2pm
- Where: Bahia Honda State Park, 36850 Overseas Hwy Big Pine Key, FL 33043
- Cost: Free with park admission
3. Movies in the Park
There’s really nothing quite like watching a movie on the big screen – especially when the screen is outside! Take your camp chairs, beach blankets, children, and/or well-behaved pets to Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk’s riverfront lawn…just be sure to leave your alcohol at home because it’s not welcome at this family-friendly event. This weekend’s film is Despicable Me which is rated PG.
- Highlight: Watching a movie outside
- When: April 13, 8pm-9:45pm
- Where: Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk, 1515 Prudential Dr., Jacksonville FL
- Cost: Free
Which of these free Florida events are you most interested in?