Best of Florida Nature and Music Festivals: May 18-25
Florida Travel Guide – May 18-25: Best of Florida Festivals
If you’re traveling through Florida and you like music and nature (and really, who doesn’t) check out what’s happening over the next few days in terms of festivals in the area.
1. Wild Amelia Nature Festival
Take yourself on a Segway tour of Ft. George Island. Explore the bird habitats on your bicycle. Kayak through the marshes along Ft. Clinch State Park. There’s plenty for kids to enjoy with the hands-on nature activities and of course, the Sea Turtle release which happens this morning (Friday) at 11am at the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Since many of this three-day festival’s activities are dependent upon the weather, you would be wise to check ahead before venturing out to make sure the event you’re interested in is still taking place. The Wild Amelia Nature Festival is an event the whole family will love where you all get to explore the wild side of Amelia Island.
- Highlight: Watching the sea turtle release
- When: May 18-20 (fun starts at 11am Friday at Main Beach)
- Where: Various locations on Amelia Island
- Cost: Costs for seminars and activities vary but most are free
2. Key Largo Original Music Festival
Music lovers from far and wide are preparing to attend live and original performances happening at the 4th annual Key Largo Original Music festival. Those music lovers will hear everything from jazz and blues to rock and country on multiple stages in Key Largo. Nashville’s Melody Guy, Jamie Morgan, the Saints of Havana Trio are among the singers and bands slated to appear throughout the four-day event which starts and wraps up at Snapper’s Waterfront Restaurant. That’s at 139 Seaside Ave./ Mile Marker 94.5).
- Highlight: Enjoying a stellar lineup of artists
- When: May 17-20
- Where: Multiple bay front stages at Sundowners Restaurant, Cactus Jack’s and Jimmy Johnson’s Big Chill in Key Largo.
- Cost: Free
3. Celtic Music Festival
Head to Ormond Beach and tap your toes to Celtic Music…all kinds of Celtic music! There will be pipers and dancers and drums. There will be steady entertainment happening on two stages and in a jam tent on Saturday and Sunday. The party kicks off Friday evening with a concert and a pre-festival Whiskey Tasting at Billy’s Tap Room. If you get hungry or have the urge to buy Celtic merchandise of some sort, there will be plenty on site to purchase.
- Highlight: Celtic Culture
- When: May 18 (concert): 7pm May 19: 10am-8pm, May 20: 10am-4pm
- Where: Rockefeller Gardens Park, 25 Riverside Drive, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
- Cost: Opening night concert: $18, General admission $5/adult, Free/under 12
Which Florida music festival would you rather bring your family to: The Celtic or the Key Largo?