Best of Florida Festivals: April 27-May 4
Florida Travel Guide – April 27-May 4: Best Florida Festivals
If you plan to be in Florida between April 27 and May 4, check out these fun festivals. Let fun be your guide!
1. Carrabelle Riverfront Festival
A festival featuring fresh seafood, live music and award-winning artists showing their original works of art. How could that not be a good time? Admire works of stained glass, metal art, pottery, wood carving and more. The little ones will love looking at the sand sculpture, and you can take them to the kid’s zone too!
- Highlight: Food, music and artisans
- When: April 28: 10:30am-6pm, April 29: 8:30am-2pm
- Where: 701 Marine Street, Carrabelle, FL
- Cost: Free
2. Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival
What’s more magical than a butterfly floating on the breeze? Being immersed in their world! Explore the live butterfly house, visit booths of eco-friendly vendors, enjoy delicious food & drinks (proceeds benefit Tree Hill) and listen to live music from folk singer, Mrs. Kate at the Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival. The kids can get their faces painted, and participate in crafts!
- Highlight: Live butterfly release
- When: April 28, 10am-4pm
- Where: Tree Hill Nature Center, 7152 Lone Star Road, Jacksonville, FL 32211
- Cost: $5/adults, $4/seniors/military/students, $3/kids
3. Great American Pie Festival
Celebration, Florida, becomes the Pie Capital of the World this upcoming weekend when thousands of pie lovers, bakers and tasters congregate for the Great American Pie Festival (sponsored by Crisco). As always, the Never-Ending Pie Buffet will be the highlight (as it has been for the past ten years) and it’s easy to see why as it features ice cream, award-winning pie, toppings and beverages. Kids can take part in pie decorating, pie tin art and more!
- Highlight: Um…pie!
- When: April 28: 11am-7pm, April 29: 12pm-5pm
- Where: Lakeside Park, 631 Sycamore St., Celebration, FL 34747
- Cost: Demos & entertainment: Free | Never Ending Pie Buffet: $10 | Kids area: $5/adults, $10 children 3-12
What Florida festival would you guide us to for weekend travels?