Best of Florida Festivals: April 13-20
Florida Travel Guide – April 13-20: Best of Florida Festivals
If you’re looking for a fun Florida festival to take in this weekend, look no further!
1. United Way Miami Wine & Food Festival
A four-day festival celebrating food, wine, beer and spirits which helps support the United Way of Miami-Dade. Win-win-win! Prestigious wineries, top sommeliers, notable chefs, breweries and winemakers will be involved…all in benefit of the South Florida Community.
- Highlight: Sampling the best food, wine and beer in Miami for a good cause
- When: April 18-21
- Where: Various locations in Miami
- Cost: Varies depending on event
2. Sarasota Film Festival
More than 200 films from 30 countries from around the world. Take part in the panels, parties, public events and of course there’s always the chance to rub elbows with some celebrities. Sounds like the Sarasota Film Festival is the place to be this weekend!
- Highlight: Screenings of “The Day”
- When: April 13-22
- Where: Various locations in Sarasota
- Cost: Varies depending on package but regular film ticket = $12
3. Gulf Coast Rhythm and Ribfest
Who doesn’t love some ooey, gooey good ribs cooked on the grill? If you love BBQ, head to West Palmetto this weekend where the top Rib Masters in the United States will serve up their award-winning BBQ specialties in competition for the 2012 Gulf Coast BBQ Champion award. There will be musical entertainment and fun and games for kids!
- Highlight: Sampling yummy BBQ
- When: April 13: 4-10, 14: 11-10, 15: 11-8
- Where: Manatee River Fair Association, 1402 14th Ave. West Palmetto, FL 34221
- Cost: (At the Gate pricing) Friday: Adults/$5, Children under 12/Free, Saturday: Adults/$15, Children under 12/Free, Sunday: Adults/$20, Children under 12/Free
Which of these fun Florida festivals would you not miss?