Best of Florida Festivals and Fairs: March 30-April 6
Florida Travel Guide: Best of Florida Festivals and Fairs – March 30-April 6
If you’re traveling in Florida between Mach 30 and April 6, let fun be your guide! Check out the best of the festivals and fairs taking place this weekend.
1. Florida Renaissance Festival
Why not explore an enchanted crafts village where a hundred or more artisans and merchants will be selling and demonstrating their wares. Shop for hammered pewter, hand-blown glass, pottery, clothing and more! There will also be hundreds of performers on multiple stages providing continuous entertainment for you to enjoy.
- Highlight: Ongoing entertainment and hundreds of artisans
- When: March 31-April 8, 10am until sunset
- Where: Cauley Square Historic Village, 22400 Old Dixie Hwy, Miami FL, 33170
- Cost: Over 12: $20, Child 6-11: $7, 5 and under: Free
2. Gasparilla International Film Festival
Take in some of the more than 50 films that will be playing at several Florida theaters this weekend for the annual four-day celebration of cinema that is known as GIFF, or, the Gasparilla International Film Festival. There will also be after-parties and receptions taking place at various local venues.
- Highlight: The chance to rub elbows with celebrities
- When: March 29 through April 1 (various times)
- Where: Various locations including CineBistro, Muvico Ybor and the Tampa Theatre
- Cost: Ranges from free to $10/film
3. Clay County Fair
Explore livestock exhibits, be a kid again on the midway rides – complete with roller coaster and ferris wheel! Watch the lawn mower races and enjoy the good old country entertainment including The Oak Ridge Boys, this is as “country fair” as you get.
- Highlight: Pig races, lawn mower races, music and food.
- When: March 29-April 7 (Hours vary)
- Where: 2493 State Road 16 W., Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- Cost: Adults: $8, Seniors & Children 6-12: $5, Children under 5: Free
What’s your favorite Florida festival or fair?