Best of Florida Father’s Day Ideas 2012
Florida Travel Guide to Father’s Day Ideas for three types of dads
There are tons of events taking place in Florida this weekend that your dad would be sure to enjoy. For the music-loving dad, head to the Father’s Day Soul and Blues Festival. For a dad who loves a great meal, there’s brunch at Bistro One LR at the South Beach Ritz-Carlton. And for the golf-enthusiast (or anyone, really) there’s a special screening of “Caddyshack!”
1. First Annual Father’s Day Soul and Blues Festival
On June 17, at 6:00pm be at The Tanyard Creek Amphitheater in Quincy Florida where Shirley Jones, Bobby Rush, Calvin Richardson and Lacee will perform for the Father’s Day Soul and Blues Festival. Vendor booths offer an opportunity to shop for food and festival-related items. Hop in the photo booth and snap some fun photos with dad.
- Highlight: Soulful music with Dad
- When: June 17, 2pm-11:59pm
- Where: Tanyard Creek Amphitheater, 32 Martin Luther King Blvd., Quincy, FL 32351
- Cost: $25-35
2. Father’s Day Brunch at Bistro One LR in South Beach
Make brunch reservations at Bistro One LR at the South Beach Ritz-Carlton for Sunday and treat him to a feast fit for a king! This is one of our favorite Father’s Day ideas; feast on chilled seafood, fresh sushi, mahi mahi, shrimp kabobs and barbecued pork ribs and wine-braised short ribs. Wash it all down with a microbrew and a cigar!
- Highlight: Barbecue and beer with Dad
- When: June 17 noon-3pm
- Where: 1 Lincoln Road Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Cost: $72/adults, $35/Children under 12
3. Screening of Caddyshack
Take Dad to the Enzian for a screening of “Caddyshack” for a great fun Father’s Day activity. While you’re there, grab a bite to eat and have a drink before the show. Eden Bar’s drink and lunch specials start at 11am so you’ll be done well in time for the 1pm show!
- Highlight: A classic Bill Murray film
- When: June 17, 1pm
- Where: 1300 S. Orlando Ave., Maitland, FL
- Cost: $8
What will you be doing to celebrate your dad this Father’s Day?