Best of Florida Cultural Events: Feb. 10-17
Florida Travel Guide: Best of cultural events in Florida: Feb. 10-17
If you’re traveling in Florida February 10 to the 17th, let culture be your guide! The following are three of the best cultural events happening this week:
1) 18th Annual Pigeon Key Art Festival
Take time out from your Florida vacation to view the works of dozens of local and national artists and craftspeople at what has grown from a weekend gathering into a nationally recognized art show. Enjoy the live entertainment, delicious food, shopping and much more involved in this great festival. For details call 1-(305)-289-9555
- Highlight: Seeing the works of dozens of artists
- When: February 11-12
- Where: Marathon Community Park, U.S. # 1 at 200 36th Street Ocean (MM 49), Marathon, FL
- Cost: Adults: $7 Students: $3 Children under 12: Free
2) Flight to Freedom, St. Augustine
Enjoy guided tours, lively drumming and music, colonial weapon demonstrations and more as you encounter a number of travelers en route to the first legally sanctioned free black settlement in the United States – Fort Mose in Spanish St. Augustine.
- Highlight: Living history event
- When: February 11, 10am-3pm
- Where: Historic Fort Mose State Park, 15 Fort Mose Trail St. Augustine, Florida 32084
- Cost: Adults: $2 Children under 5: Free
3) Mardi Gras At The Beach
Dancing in the streets to live bands, a festive parade, Cajun food (GUMBO!) and a fireworks display. Yes, it’s Mardis Gras at Panama City Beach!
- Highlight: Celebrating Mardis Gras at the Beach!
- When: Feb 17: Noon-8pm, Feb 18: 10am-8:30pm
- Where: Pier Park, 16101 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, 32413
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?