Best Of Family-Friendly Florida Events: June 22-June 29
Florida Travel Guide – June 22-June 29: Family friendly Florida Events
Looking to have some fun with your family in Florida this weekend? Check out these family-oriented activities taking place throughout the state.
1. Stranger Awareness Seminar
Bring your children aged 5-11 to the free stranger awareness seminar that will teach them about what to do if a stranger is talking to them, and how to get away from a stranger that approaches them. Spend some time with your child talking about these dangers in an age-appropriate manner. For more information call 904-566-9581.
- Highlight: Protecting your children
- When: June 23, 2012, 12pm-1pm
- Where: The Performers Academy, 3674 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville FL 32207
- Cost: Free
2. Families in Nature
Spend some time with your family outside. At St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge on Saturday there’ll be children’s crafts, a scavenger hunt, prizes, snacks and all kinds of fun family activities happening. It’s all in celebration of Get Outdoors month.
- Highlight: Family fun in the out of doors
- When: June 23 2012, 11am-2pm
- Where: St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, 1255 Lighthouse Road St. Marks, FL 32355
- Cost: $5 refuge entrance fee
3. Sing Along With The Muppets
There’s nothing like a good old classic movie. Is a movie that came out in 1979 considered a classic? Sure it is! Bring your family with you to watch a screening of the original “The Muppet Movie” in Jacksonville this weekend. Kids will have a chance to meet a PBS character and they’ll have a fun bag given to them that they can bring home with them. Besides being a fun thing to do, proceeds will go to benefit the Jacksonville Film Festival.
- Highlight: Singing along with the original Muppets
- When: June 23 2012, 10am
- Where: 100 Festival Park Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Cost: $8
Which of these family friendly events in Florida would your family guide you to for some weekend fun?
Photo credit: basi_16816