Best of Cultural Florida Events: May 4-11
Florida Travel Guide: May 4-11 – Cultural Florida Events
If you’re traveling in Florida between May 4-11 and you’re looking for some culture to explore, let fun be your guide!
1. Jazz on the Vineyard Green in Clermont
Nibble on delicious food and fine wine on a complimentary winery tour. Talented jazz musicians play throughout the day on the outdoor stage so you can listen to the melodies while you enjoy your food and drink. Beer, wine, food and soft drinks will be available for purchase on site.
- Highlight: Live music and fine wine
- When: May 5: 10am-5pm, May 6: 11am-5pm
- Where: Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards, 19239 U.S. 27 North, Clermont, Florida 34715
- Cost: $2 donation
2. Garden Music Series at Selby Gardens
Pack up the family and take them to Selby Gardens on Sunday. What could be better than sitting in the out of doors listening to live music under the shade of a Banyan tree? It’s especially lovely when the music is provided by locals!
- Highlight: Music in the outdoors
- When: May 6: 1pm-3pm
- Where: Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 811 South Palm Avenue Sarasota, FL 34236
- Cost: Adults/$17 Children under 11/Free
3. World of Nations Celebration, Jacksonville
Go on a trip around the world with your family without going any further than Jacksonville. A world of fascinating cultural destination awaits this weekend at Metropolitan Park during the World of Nations Celebration. Spain, Italy, Lebanon, China, Ethiopia, India, Poland, Turkey, Vietnam (and more) – explore them all!
- Highlight: Traveling the world without a passport!
- When: May 4: 5pm-9pm May 5: 10am-8pm May 6: 11am-6pm
- Where: Metropolitan Park, 1410 Gator Bowl Blvd., Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: $5/one day, $8/2 day pass, $10/3 day pass
What favorite cultural event in Florida would you guide us to for weekend travels?