Best of Cultural Florida Events: Mar. 2 – Mar. 9
Florida Travel Guide – Mar. 2 – Mar. 9: Cultural Things to Do in Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida between March 2 and March 9, let fun be your guide!
1) Happy 108th Birthday, Dr. Seuss
Celebrate the birthday of one of the greatest children’s storybook writers of all time – Dr. Seuss – at the Miami Children’s Museum. Your kids will have a great time playing games, listening to books read by celebrity story readers and making art projects. If you’re lucky, you might go home with a prize!
- Highlight: Celebrating the birthday of Dr. Seuss
- When: March 2, 2pm-8pm
- Where: Miami Children’s Museum, 980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, FL 33132
- Cost: Free
2) Living History Tours
Learn about what it was like to live in one of the stateliest old mansions in Fort Myers with a guided house tour. Join Mona or Jettie Burroughs as they walk you through the colorful history of this charming property.The Burroughs Home and Gardens staff can even serve you a lovely lunch if you’d like to stick around.
- Highlight: Touring one of the prettiest houses in Fort Myers
- When: Thursday March 1, 11am-12:30pm
- Where: Burroughs Home & Gardens, 2505 First Street, Downtown Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Cost: Tour: $12 Lunch: $10
3) Moonlight Carillon Concert
After a relaxing stroll through the tranquil, meditative gardens set yourself down in a comfy spot and relax while being entertained by the 60-minute long carillon concert under the glorious full moon. The video monitor will give you a great view of William De Turk’s live performance.
- Highlight: Beautiful music in the beautiful moonlight
- When: March 6, 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Where: Bok Tower Gardens – National Historic Landmark, 1151 Tower Blvd., Lake Wales, FL 33853
- Cost: Adults: $5, Children 5-12: $1.50, Members: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?