Best of Cultural Florida Events: Feb. 24-Mar. 2
Florida Travel Guide – Feb. 24-Mar. 2: Best of Cultural Events in Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida between February 24 and March 2, let fun be your guide to culture! The following are three of the best cultural events happening in Florida over the next few days.
1) Stone Age and Primitive Arts Festival
Learn about the primitive arts at the fun and informative Stone Age and Primitive Arts Festival. Check out workshop demonstrations in flint knapping, projectile point fashioning, deer hide tanning, antler carving and more!
- Highlight: Learning old-timey skills
- When: February 24, 8am-4pm
- Where: Ochlockonee River State Park, 429 Park Ave, Sopchoppy, FL 32358
- Cost: Included in park entrance fee
2) Big Cypress Shootout
Check out a reenactment of the Second Seminole War at Billie Swamp Safari. This three-day event will also have lots of music and food to enjoy as well as rousing entertainment… tomahawk throws and Seminole Stomp Dancing!
- Highlight: Flying tomahawks and yummy food
- When: February 24: 11am-3pm, February 25: 10am-4pm, February 26: 10am-4-pm
- Where: Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation at, 30000 Gator Tail Trail, Clewiston, FL 33440
- Cost: Adults: $9, Under 12: $6
3) Greek Fest
Sample mouthwatering Greek delicacies (dolmathes, souvlaki, gyros, and moussaka!). Dance to live music and shop for imported gifts. There are carnival rides, too!
- Highlight: Getting your Greek on
- When: February 24 & 25: 11am-11pm, February 26: noon-7pm
- Where: Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, 8210 Cypress Lake Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Cost: Adults: $5 for the weekend, Under 12: Free
Which favorite cultural Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?