Best Of Cultural Florida Events: August 3-August 10
Florida Travel Guide – Cultural Events To Do: August 3-August 10
It’s not all about beaches and theme parks in Florida! Check out some of the cultural events taking place around the state this week.
1. Open House at World Ballet
World Ballet Inc. is celebrating its fifth season in Tallahassee. Head to World Ballet Inc.’s open house and tour the 6,400-square foot facility, enjoy some refreshments and meet some members of the staff.
- Highlight: A tour of the facility
- When: August 6-August 11, 2012
- Where: World Ballet 2518 Cathay Ct. Tallahassee Florida 32308
- Cost: Free
2. Miami Salsa Congress
If you enjoy salsa dancing and Latin music, head to Miami Beach for the 5-day Miami Salsa Congress. Watch the dance championships, take in a workshop, splash and play at one of the pool parties taking place or dance until your feet are sore at a non-stop dance party. There’ll be galas, live concerts and more!
- Highlight: Salsa, salsa, salsa
- When: August 1- August 5, 2012
- Where: Deauville Beach Resort, 6701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33141
- Cost: Varies depending on event
3. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
A musical based on the Award-winning 1991 animated film, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, is playing at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, Florida. There’s nothing like watching this tale as old as time live on stage!
- Highlight: Seeing Belle and The Beast on the stage
- When: August 3-August 5, 2012 (various times)
- Where: 1111 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater, Florida 33759
- Cost: Range $50-$70
Which of these cultural events in Florida would you most like to explore?