Best Of Cultural Events: July 27-August 3
Florida Travel Guide: Food and Music Events July 27-August 3
American culture is pretty heavy on food and music. Check out some of the best upcoming Florida events featuring those two beloved pieces of our culture.
1. Key Largo Wine and Food Festival
Sample some of the best food and wine you’ll find in Key Largo, an island known for its fresh tropical fruit, fish and shellfish. During the ten day Key Largo Wine and Food Festival, feast on gourmet wine dinners and experience the delicious culture of Key Largo – with a fork and spoon!
- Highlight: Ten days of food!
- When: July 27-August 5, 2012
- Where: Various locations in Key Largo, Florida
- Cost: $28
2. Saturday Night Rhythm and Blues with Crooked Shooz
Dance until your feet are sore during this fun evening of rhythm and blues with Crooked Shooz at The American Legion Hall on Lake Ella. If you love dancing to old school music, come out for this great event!
- Highlight: Dancing to rhythm and blues!
- When: July 28-July 29, 2012
- Where: The American Legion Hall at Lake Ella, 229 Lake Ella Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32303
- Cost: $8 per ticket, $15 per couple
3. Smokin’ on the Suwannee BBQ Festival
Visit the Spirit of the Suwannee River Music Park for the Smokin’ on the Suwannee BBQ Festival. Your kids will have an area to play while adults enjoy some great live music. Take some time to view the entrants in the car show and do some shopping at the vendor booths. Feeling energetic? Then participate in the Hog Jog – a 5k race starting at 8am on Saturday. Registration takes place between 7 and 7:45).
- Highlight: BBQ
- When: July 27-July 28, 2012
- Where: Spirit of the Suwannee River Music Park, 3076 95th Drive, Live Oak, Florida
- Cost: $2
Which of these cultural events would you most like to visit on your travels in Florida?