Best Of Cultural Events In Florida: July 6-July 13
Florida Travel Guide – July 6-13: Best of Cultural Florida Events
Searching for a meaningful way to bide your time as you travel through Florida this weekend? Check out these cultural events happening throughout the state for some interesting yet educational fun!
1. Mermaids of the First Coast
Beaches culture is celebrated in this special exhibit where you will see photos of champion women surfers, their trophies and their boards. Learn their stories through video and still images that take you on a journey of this special water world. There will be a beach-wear fashion show and throughout the day, you can take in a lecture.
- Highlight: Beach wear fashion show
- When: July 7, 10am-4:30pm
- Where: Beaches Museum & History Park, 381 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
- Cost: Adults/$5, Seniors/$4, Children 6-17/$3, Under 5/Free
2. Jupiter Lighthouse Sunset Tour, Jupiter
If you want to see a spectacular sight, be there as the Jupiter Light brightens up the nighttime sky. Before it’s time to climb to the top of the light, you can see the inside workings of a working 1860 lighthouse or spend a bit of the afternoon exploring the grounds where you can get a look inside the Lighthouse Keeper’s Workshop.
- Highlight: Lighthouse at sunset
- When: July 6, before sunset
- Where: 500 Captain Armour’s Way, Jupiter, Florida
- Cost: Adults/$9, Children 6-18/$5
3. First Saturday Jam and Community Cookout, Barberville
Visit the Pioneer Settlement for the Creative Arts on Saturday for fun entertainment the whole family will enjoy. There will be refreshments available so you won’t be hungry when you visit the workshops and tap your toes to the music jams. At 3:00, get your groove on at an old-fashioned barn-style dance.
- Highlight: A whole day of family fun
- When: July 7, 9am-4pm
- Where: 1776 Lightfoot Lane, Barberville, FL 32105
- Cost: Adults/$6, Children 6-12/$4, Under 6/Free
Where would you point us to in Florida for some cultural fun this weekend?