Best of Central Florida Events: May 4-11
Florida Travel Guide – May 4-11: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in the Central Florida area between May 4 − 11 let fun be your guide!
1. Smoke n’ Blues, Bikes and BBQ, St. Cloud
If you like to position yourself around festivals where food is the main event then get yourself to St. Cloud for Smoke n’ Blues, Bikes and BBQ. Competitions (sanctioned competitions) will be held for backyard teams and professional BBQers. Live blues will be taking place, as will a bike show. Shop from BBQ vendors and crafters, let the children play and…eat!
- Highlight: BBQ competition
- When: May 4: 7pm-10pm, May 5: 10am-10pm
- Where: St. Cloud Lakefront
- Cost: Free
2. Jazz on the Vineyard Green, Clermont
Sample good food and fine wine, take a winery tour, listen to talented Jazz musicians on the outdoor stage and just enjoy the day. Beer, wine, food and soft drinks will be available for purchase.
- Highlight: Live music and wine
- When: May 5: 10am-5pm, May 6: 11am-5pm
- Where: Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards, 19239 U.S. 27 North, Clermont, Florida 34715
- Cost: $2 donation
3. Date Night at Leu Gardens – Step Mom
Make a date with Mom this weekend and take her to the beautiful Leu Gardens to watch Step Mom in the outdoors. Bring a blanket or some chairs and a picnic basket. (Alcohol is permitted.)
- Highlight: A movie on the big screen outside
- When: May 4 Gate opens 6pm, movie starts 8:30pm
- Where: Harry P. Leu GArdens, 1920 North Forest Avenue, Orlando FL
- Cost: $5/adult $2/child
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?