Best of Central Florida Events: May 25-June 1
Florida Travel Guide – May 25 – June 1: Things to do in Central Florida
There are lots of fun events to enjoy in Central Florida this long Memorial Day Weekend. If you’re looking for something fun to do with your family, let fun be your guide!
1. Blue Crab Festival
The biggest Memorial Day celebration in Florida takes place in downtown Palatka during the Blue Crab Festival. Enjoy a Memorial Day Parade, helicopter and airboat rides, a seafood cook-off, live entertainment, arts, crafts, antiques and more!
- Highlight: Eating tasty seafood while celebrating Memorial Day
- When: May 25-28
- Where: 100 St. Johns Avenue, Palatka, FL
- Cost: Free
2. Oldsmar FreedomFest
Enjoy live music good food and lots more at the fourth annual Oldsmar FreedomFest. Shop from vendor booths, let the kids play, watch the bike shows and the stein holding and wing eating contests. Music will be provided by Jaded and The Alter Eagles, Diamond Gray, Stormbringer, The Greg Billings Band, Trigger City Trio and The Black Honkeys.
- Highlight: Live music and more
- When: May 25: 5-10, May 26: 10-10, May 27: 11-6
- Where: 100 State Street W., Oldsmar FL 34677
- Cost: Free
3. Mini Maker Faire
Take the whole family to the Mini Maker Faire for some good clean fun. Check out the DIY science and technology on display. There will be rockets, robots, arts, crafts, music and more! It all takes place at the Central Florida Fairgrounds.
- Highlight: Family-friendly fun
- When: May 26, 10am-7pm
- Where: Central Florida Fairgrounds, 4603 West Colonial Drive, Orlando FL 32808
- Cost: $10/adults, $7/children
Which of these Central Florida events would you most like to experience with your family?