Best of Central Florida Events: May 18-25
Florida Travel Guide – May 11-18: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between May 18 and 25, let fun be your guide.
1. Celtic Music Festival
If you love tapping your toes to Celtic music, head to Ormond Beach. All kinds of celtic performers (including pipers and dancers) will be entertaining continuously in a jam tent and on two states on Saturday and Sunday. Friday evening there’ll also be a pre-festival Whiskey Tasting at Billy’s Tap Room! Wondering how to play your Celtic instrument a little better? Bring it with you to the onsite workshop. There will of course be food and other merchandise available to purchase.
- Highlight: Celtic Culture
- When: May 18 (concert): 7pm May 19: 10am-8pm, May 20: 10am-4pm
- Where: Rockefeller Gardens Park, 25 Riverside Drive, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
- Cost: Opening night concert: $18, General admission $5/adult, Free/under 12
2. Star Wars Weekends
Be a Jedi-in training this weekend at Disney Star Wars Weekend in Hollywood Studios. Try light saber skills, get celebrity autographs, or party with Wookies and Stormtroopers. While you’re at it, take in Star Tours — The Adventure Continues, a new park feature that was added last year.
- Highlight: Everything Star Wars!
- When: May 18-20
- Where: Hollywood Studios, Disney.
- Cost: Included in the price of park admission
3. Downtown Sarasota Craft Festival
Looking to find a unique treasure for your home or a fashion accessory? Stroll among over 100 craft booths in downtown Sarasota displaying everything from homemade soaps to jewelry and much more.
- Highlight: Handmade crafts.
- When: May 19-20, 10 am – 5 pm
- Where: Main Street, Sarasota.
- Cost: Free
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?