Best of Central Florida Events: May 11-18
Florida Travel Guide – May 11-18: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between May 11 and 18th, let fun be your guide.
1. Asian Cultural Festival
Plan to spend a good part of the evening on May 12 in a lawn chair enjoying Asian food, arts and crafts and cultural entertainment from Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and other Asian countries. If Mom loves culture, she will love this event.
- Highlight: Delicious food and great cultural entertainment
- When: May 12: 4-9pm
- Where: Avalon Park, 13001 Founder’s Square Drive, Orlando FL
- Cost: Free
A Mother’s Day tradition, that started out as a modest crafts fair at the Lakeland Public Library (on the lawn), has grown into one of Florida’s most beloved outdoor art festivals. On Saturday evening from 5pm-11pm enjoy a lawn party with the Mayfaire Classic 5K race and fireworks!
- Highlight: Fun outdoor fun to celebrate Mom
- When: May 12-13: 9am-4pm
- Where: Lawn of the Lakeland Public Library, 100 Lake Morton Drive Lakeland, FL 33801
- Cost: Free
3. A Loverly Mother’s Day Brunch
Take Mom to the Enzian on Mother’s Day for a decadent brunch buffet (including one mimosa in the price) and a screening of “My Fair Lady.” Enjoy music by a live band before the film starts.
- Highlight: Treating Mom to brunch and a show
- When: May 13: 10am brunch, 11am film
- Where: Enzian Cinema, 1300 South Orlando Avenue, Maitland, FL 32751
- Cost: $35/adults, $20/children under 12
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?