Best of Central Florida Events: March 9-16
Florida Travel Guide – March 9-16: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area March 9-16 let fun be your guide.
1) Marine Discovery Center Open House
Visit the open house in celebration of the brand new home of the Marine Discovery Center & Artist’s Workshop. Explore the touch tanks, try out oyster mat making, take a studio tour. Children’s activities and artist’s workshops will be happening.
- Highlight: Touch tanks and a tour!
- When: March 10-11, 10am-3pm
- Where: Marine Discovery Center, 520 Barracuda Blvd., New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
- Cost: Free
2) Bay Area Renaissance Festival
Warriors, wizards and commoners – you can find them all at this replica of a 16th century village. Watch live street theater, human chess matches, fire-eaters and lots more! Gnaw on a giant turkey leg and wash it down with some grog. Check out the couples pie eating competition. This weekend the theme is: Wine, Chocolate & Romance! (There will be wine sampling!)
- Highlight: Reliving days of yore
- When: March 11, 10am-6pm
- Where: Museum of Science and Industry, 4801 E Fowler Ave., Tampa FL 33617
- Cost: Adults: $15.95 advance, $18.95 at the gate. Children 5-12: $7.95 advance, $10.95 at the gate. Seniors: $14.95. Pets: $10
3) Culinary Experiments from the Garden
Culinary organizer Jennifer Ritcher and Pampered Chef representative Donna Williams will show you what you can create from what you grow in your very own garden.
- Highlight: Learning more about food
- When: March 14, 10am
- Where: Riverview Civic Center, 11020 Park Dr., Riverview FL 33569
- Cost: Free
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?