Best of Central Florida Events: March 30-April 6
Florida Travel Guide – March 30-April 6: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’ll be in Florida’s Central area between March 30 and April 6, let fun be your guide!
1. Spring Home Show
It’s every gardener’s favorite time of year! Spring has sprung. A sure sign of that is the Spring Home Show in Daytona Beach. Learn about how you can improve the curb appeal of your home. The highlight of this year’s show will be a visit from Ahmed Hassan of “Yard Crashers” which airs on HGTV.
- Highlight: Appearance by Ahmed Hassan
- When: March 30: 10-6, March 31: 10-6, April 1: 10-4
- Where: Ocean Center, 101 N Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118
- Cost: Free (parking $5)
2. Florida Black Bear Festival
Bring your family to this great event that’s dedicated to helping humans understand how to live in harmony with the Florida black bear. There will be educational hands-on activities to keep the kids entertained.
- Highlight: Learning about the fascinating black bear
- When: March 31, 9am-4pm
- Where: Cadwell Park, 4 Cassady Street, Umatilla, FL, 32784
- Cost: Free
3. Gasparilla International Film Festival
More than 50 films will be playing at several theaters this weekend for the annual four-day celebration of cinema that is the Gasparilla International Film Festival. There will also be after-parties and receptions taking place at various local venues.
- Highlight: The chance to bump into celebrities
- When: March 29 through April 1 (various times)
- Where: Various locations including CineBistro, Muvico Ybor and the Tampa Theatre
- Cost: Ranges from free to $10/film
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?