Best of Central Florida Events: March 16-23
Florida Travel Guide – Things to Do in Central Florida: March 16-23
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between March 16 and 23, let fun be your guide.
1) Kowtown Festival, Kissimmee
Enjoy a free, family-friendly celebration of Kissimmee’s birthday and the city’s rich ranching heritage. There will be live entertainment, unique games, food and all kinds of festivities. Did we mention you’ll be able to buy green beer all day? Check out the annual Meatloaf Cook-off!
- Highlight: Free family fun
- When: March 17, 11am-6pm
- Where: Toho Square, Kissimmee Main Street. 421 Broadway Kissimmee, FL 34741
- Cost: Free
2) A Wee Leprechaun St. Patrick’s Day Workshop
Pack up your preschooler and head to the Orlando Science Center to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and its mischievous wee icon, the leprechaun. Enjoy a snack and a story, and come home with a special certificate.
- Highlight: learning about leprechauns
- When: March 17, 10am-noon
- Where: Orlando Science Center, 777 E. Princeton St., Orlando, FL 32803
- Cost: $25 parent/child
3) Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
Whether you sport a green thumb or not, there’s no way you won’t be enchanted by the hundred+ topiaries (more than 75 of them Disney characters) that sprout up all over Epcot during the International Flower & Garden Festival. Learn about how to make your own gardens more beautiful by following the advice of HGTV stars as well as Disney’s own gardening experts.
- Highlight: Topiaries galore
- When: March 7 through May 20
- Where: 1510 North Avenue Of The Stars, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Cost: Theme Park Admission
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?