Best of Central Florida Events: Mar. 2-Mar. 9
Florida Travel Guide – Mar. 2-Mar. 9: Things to do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between March 2nd and 9th, let fun be your guide.
1) Moonlight Carillon Concert
Take a relaxing stroll through the peaceful, meditative gardens until you find the perfect spot to sit and relax for the 60-minute long carillon concert under the glorious full moon. If you have a good view of the video monitor you’ll be able to watch William De Turk play – live!
- Highlight: Beautiful music under the beautiful moon
- When: March 6, 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Where: Bok Tower Gardens – National Historic Landmark, 1151 Tower Blvd., Lake Wales, FL 33853
- Cost: Adults: $5, Children 5-12: $1.50, Members: Free
2) Swamp Fest, Weeki Wachee
There’s all kinds of good old fashioned family fun to be had at Swamp Fest! Eat swamp food, check out the swamp costume contest, relax while the kids do some arts and crafts and enjoy some great entertainment. Oh, and there’s a carnival this year! Who doesn’t love a carnival?
- Highlight: Family games, fun and food!
- When: Mar. 2 -4 (times vary, check schedule for details)
- Where: Linda Pedersen Park, 6400 Shoal Line Blvd., Weeki Wachee, FL 34607
- Cost: $3, Children under 12: free
3) Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
Whether you sport a green thumb or not, there’s no way you won’t be enchanted by the hundred+ topiaries (more than 75 of them Disney characters) that sprout up all over Epcot during the International Flower & Garden Festival. Learn about how to make your own gardens more beautiful by following the advice of HGTV stars as well as Disney’s own gardening experts.
- Highlight: Topiaries galore
- When: March 7 through May 20
- Where: 1510 North Avenue Of The Stars, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Cost: Theme Park Admission
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?