Best of Central Florida Events: June 8-15
Florida Travel Guide – June 8-15: Things to Do in Central Florida
There are some great events taking place in Central Florida this weekend. Which one will you choose to take part in?
1. Central Florida Pork & Wings BBQ Bash and Competition
Park for free and get in for free. Buy pork bucks to buy food and drinks. Watch the competitions taking place for titles like “Best Overall Taste” in categories like pulled pork, chicken, beef brisket, wings and ribs. Cooking demos will be taking place. Shop from the marketplace. Listen to live entertainment. It’s all happening at the Pork & Wings BBQ Bash.
- Highlight: BBQ!
- When: June 8, 5pm-10pm, June 9, 11am-10pm
- Where: Central Florida Fairgrounds, 4603 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32808
- Cost: Free
2. Night Hike at the Zoo
Enjoy a guided flashlight tour as you explore the zoo with a guide, after dark. The sights and sounds of the zoo are much different after dark. Light refreshments will be served at the Discovery Center where you can also enjoy some up-close animal encounters. Kids have to be over the age of 5 to attend.
- Highlight: Seeing the zoo after dark
- When: June 9, 7pm-10pm
- Where: Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, 3755 NW Hwy 17-92, Sanford FL
- Cost: Adults/$20, Children age 5-12/$15
3. Tampa Bay Caribbean Carnival, Tampa
The sights and sounds, culture and food of the Caribbean islands will all be evident on the weekend during this flavorful Tampa Bay festival. Listen to the steel drums and watch salsa dancers perform. Enter or watch the costume contest. Shop for arts and crafts. Enjoy the costume parade and feast on treats from the food vendors.
- Highlight: Caribbean food and music
- When: June 9, noon-10pm, June 10, 1pm-10pm
- Where: Raymond James Stadium
- Cost: Day of/$15, Advance/$10
Which of these Central Florida events would you most enjoy?