Best of Central Florida Events: June 1-8
Florida Travel Guide – June 1-8: Things to Do in Central Florida
There are lots of great things going on in Central Florida in the month of June. If you’re in this part of Florida and you’re looking for some fun events to take part in, let fun be your guide!
1. Sarasota Music Festival
Student musicians and internationally recognized guest artists come together for three weeks each June to perform and study chamber music. Only 58 of the 500 students from top colleges and music programs around the world to audition are actually accepted. Come out and hear those gifted students performing side-by-side with 40 music masters. On Thursday afternoons during Artist Showcase Concerts you can come and see these performances. You can also come out and see these concerts on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Highlight: Free student concerts
- When: June 3-24
- Where: Beatrice Friedman Symphony Center, 709 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
- Cost: Visitor pass: $5/event, Day pass: $10, One-week pass: $30, Full pass: $75
2. Fifth Annual Pepper Fest
Come out and celebrate the pepper! Enjoy sampling hot and spicy dishes. You can purchase peppery sauces and other treats to take home with you, too. You may also want to bring home a pepper plant or one of the crafts being sold on site, too.
- Highlight: Celebrating the pepper plant!
- When: June 2: 10am-4pm, June 3: 11am-4pm
- Where: The England Brothers Bandshell Park, 5121 80th Ter N Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- Cost: Adults: $2, Under 12: Free (free parking)
3. Silver Spurs Rodeo
Come out and see sixty of today’s top professional rodeo stars on the backs of some of the most unpredictable livestock in the nation. It all happens at the Silver Spurs Arena.
- Highlight: Real life cowboys
- When: June 1 & 2: 7:30pm
- Where: Silver Spurs Arena at Osceola Heritage Park, 1875 Silver Spur Lane, Kissimmee FL
- Cost: Adults: $15, Children 10 and under: Free
Which of these Central Florida events are you most looking forward to on your weekend travels?