Best Of Central Florida Events: July 27-August 3
Florida Travel Guide: Events July 27-Aug 3
If you’re traveling through the central part of Florida this weekend and you’re looking for some fun things to do, check out one of these great events that are happening in the coming days.
1. The Ritz Ybor Ultimate Band Series
Head to the Ritz Ybor for the 3rd annual ultimate band series showcase and competition. Musicians are competing for fantastic prizes with the ultimate grand prize being valued at more than $5,000. Watch 5 acts compete for a place in the finals. Winning acts will be partially judged by audience applause and the judging panel.
- Highlight: Clapping to determine a winner
- When: July 26, 2012 | 7-10pm
- Where: The Ritz Ybor, 1503 E 7th Avenue, Tampa, Florida
- Cost: $7 at the door, $5 in advance
2. Summer Sidewalk Sale and “Survivor” Reunion
Meet some of the former castaways from famous reality TV show, “Survivor.” On Thursday night there’s a private party at the Melia Orlando Suite Hotel for VIP sponsors. Then on Friday is the Sidewalk Sale and Treasure Hunt Challenge. One name will be drawn to determine the winner of $500+ in cash and prizes! For the rest of the weekend there will be opportunities for autographs.
- Highlight: Meeting favorite stars from “Survivor.”
- When: July 26-29, 2012
- Where: 701 Front St, Celebration, Florida 34747
- Cost: Varies depending on event (sidewalk sale is free)
3. Art Walk on Flagler, New Smyrna Beach
The fourth Saturday of the month is always a pretty special day at New Smyrna Beach, with the Art Walk on Flagler happening. But this Saturday is even more special because it’s Christmas in July! There will be a healthy amount of festive cheer in the air as you visit artists on your stroll down Flagler Avenue. Did we forget to mention that there will also be a progressive wine tasting and music?
- Highlight: Christmas in July
- When: July 28, 2012 | 10:00am-7:00pm
- Where: Flagler Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Cost: Free