Best of Central Florida Events: Jan. 6-13
Florida Travel Guide - Jan. 6-13 : Things to Do in Central Florida
Ring in the New Year with the latest activities and events!
1) Dali Celebration
Join in the first year birthday celebration of the new museum! Along with “Share the Dali” photo exhibit, children can join a storytelling hour or scavenger hunt while adults can join in a craft beer tasting.
- Highlight: Birthday cake & celebratory activities.
- When: Jan. 11, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Dali Museum, One Dali Blvd. (Bayshore Drive SE and Fifth Avenue SE), St. Petersburg FL 33701
- Cost: Free
2) Movie Night at Pier 60
Watch The Never Ending Story on a large screen in the open air on Clearwater’s Pier 60. Popcorn and drinks are available but bring a blanket and chair to be comfortable. Weather permitting.
- Highlight: Outdoor Movie.
- When: Jan. 6 & 7, around dusk.
- Where: Pier 60, 10 Pier 60 Drive, Clearwater Beach, FL
- Cost: Free
3) Walt Disney World Marathon
Registration is sold out for the marathon and the family and kid races but you can still watch the weekend of races that happen in all four Theme Parks. Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday includes training and racing seminars and nutrition presentations.
- Highlight: A race through Disney.
- When: Jan 7, 10 – 5 p.m. for the Expo.
- Where: Walt Disney World, 1515 N Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista FL 32830 (Expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex)
- Cost: Disney Admission (to watch the race – registration is closed!)
4) Gardening Workshop
Master Gardener, Adina Lehrman, speaks about creating a yard ecosystem around your garden in this hands-on gardening series. Among other things, learn about yard birds and wild areas, butterfly gardens and attracting beneficial insects.
- Highlight: Learn about a Gardening Ecosystem.
- When: Jan. 8, 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Heathcote Botanical Gardens, 210 Savannah Road, Fort Pierce, Florida 34982.
- Cost: $15/members, $20/non-members. Registration is required (772-464-4672).
5) See the Moonrise
Toast the setting sun with sparkling cider and and grab panoramic ocean views lit by the full moon from the top of the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse during “Climb to the Moon”. Space is limited for this unique perspective from a National Historic Landmark.
- Highlight: Watch the sunset and moonrise.
- When: Jan. 8,4:15-6:15 p.m.
- Where: Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, 4931 S. Peninsula Dr., Ponce Inlet, FL 32127-7301
- Cost: $25. Tickets must be bought beforehand – call Mary (386) 761-1821 xt. 10
What are you going to be doing this weekend?