Best of Central Florida Events: Jan. 20-27
Florida Travel Guide - Jan. 20-27 : Things to Do in Central Florida
From children to cultural festivals, we’re celebrating mid-month!
1) Just for Kids!
- Highlight: Max & Ruby’s Musical Playdate.
- When: Jan 14th-Feb4th.
- Where: SeaWorld 7007 SeaWorld Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
- Cost: Included with daily admission.
2) Disney’s Ocean Discoveries
- Highlight: Conservation awareness made fun!
- When: Jan 23, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Where: Disney World: main Entrance Outside of Epcot.
- Cost: $28.
3) 5K Beach Run
Run along the beach low tide in support of the Southeast Volusia Humane Society. There’s also a 0.5 mile dog dash and pet walk option! Register early to get an advanced chip-timing system.
- Highlight: Beach running!
- When: Jan 21, 8 a.m.
- Where: Starts at Norwoods, 400 East 2nd Avenue New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169-2909.
- Cost: $20/pre-registration; $25/race day.
4) Sarasota Indian Festival
Experience Native American drumming, singing and dancing at this annual festival along with a reenactment of Native American people’s life from both east and west coast. Handicrafts and traditional Seminole and Navajo food are also available.
- Highlight: Experience Native American culture.
- When: Jan 27, 9 am – 5 pm, Jan 28 10 am – 6 pm , Jan 29 10 am – 5 pm
- Where: Sarasota Fairgrounds, 3000 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, FL, 34237.
- Cost: $6/adult, $3/children (6-12), free/children (5 and under).
5) Magic – The Theatre of Illusion!
Be dazzled by International Magician of the Year, Kevin Spencer in a high-tech magic show. Compared to Henning and Copperfield, this Performing Arts Entertainer of the Year, has performed to critical acclaim.
- Highlight: International Magician of the Year.
- When: Jan 21 – 7 pm
- Where: Peabody Auditorium 600 Auditorium Boulevard Daytona Beach, Florida 32118.
- Cost: $20-45.
Do you prefer hard-core outdoor activities on the weekend or leisurely strolling through festivals?