Best of Central Florida Events: Feb 3-10
Florida Travel Guide: Best Central Florida Events Feb. 3 – 10
Are you interested in a little art in the park? Perhaps a good old-fashioned state fair floats your boat. Or maybe you’re a big biking enthusiast. Whatever you’re into, you’ll find something to do in Florida this week!
1) Poetry in the Park
- Highlight: Poetry in the out of doors.
- When: February 4, 1pm-3pm
- Where: Green Springs Park, Deltona, FL 32725
- Cost: Free
2) Florida State Fair, Tampa Bay
From classic carnival rides to lawnmower races, arts and crafts to zip line rides, the Florida State Fair has something that will capture your attention! There will be music, food and even a petting zoo for the little ones.
- Highlight: An old-fashioned state fair
- When: February 9-21, 9am-11pm daily
- Where: Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610
- Cost: $10 for adults, $6 for children aged 6-11, $5 for children under 5
3) Bike Fest, Plant City
On February 4, thousands of bikers and motorcycle fans will descend upon historic Downtown Plant City turning it into biker-central. If you’re a bike enthusiast you shouldn’t mis this. Listen to live music, try your luck with a 50/50 ticket, chat with vendors and just walk around looking at the thousands of motorcycles that will be on display.
- Highlight: Motorcycles galore
- When: February 4, 5pm-9pm
- Where: 8-block area by McCall Park and Plant City Train Depot, 102 North Palmer Street, Plant City, FL 33563
- Cost: Admission is Free. $5 to register for a contest.
4) Budweiser Smoke on the Water BBQ Competition
Check out the 2012 Florida BBQ Association State Championship (yes, Florida has a BBQ Association) where more than 80 teams from across the United States will be in “hot” competition for the title of Florida State Grand Champion. Beyond BBQ, enjoy a water sports ski show, musical entertainment and more. Funds raised will go towards the Citrus Center Boys & Girls Clubs of Winter Haven, Haines City and Lake Wales.
- Highlight: Mmmm…BBQ!
- When: February 4, 10am-5:30pm
- Where: 2400 Havendale Blvd., Winter Haven, FL 33881
- Cost: Free
5) George Jones – The Living Legend in Concert
See the man who for two decades has been referred to as “the greatest living country singer.” The Possum has over 150 songs to his credit!
- Highlight: Seeing George Jones’ first performance at the Peabody
- When: February 9, 7:30pm
- Where: The Peabody Auditorium, 600 Auditorium Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL
- Cost: $50-70
Which of these events would you take in if you were enjoying a Florida vacation?