Best of Central Florida Events: Feb. 24-Mar. 2
Florida Travel Guide Florida Travel Guide – Feb. 24-Mar. 2: Things to do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between February 24 and March 2, let fun be your guide.
1) Daytona 500
Watch 43 of the best stock car drivers in action competing in “The Great American Race.” It’s NASCAR’s most prestigious event
- Highlight: NASCAR
- When: February 26 starting at 7am
- Where: 1801 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Cost: $69-189
2) Date Night at Leu Gardens
If the weather’s fine, grab your honey and watch The Adjustment Bureau on an outdoor screen. Bring a blanket and perhaps a picnic basket. Yes, alcohol is permitted.
- Highlight: Snugging at the movies in the out of doors.
- When: March 2, movie starts at 7:30pm
- Where: Harry P. Leu Gardens, 1920 North Forest Avenue, Orlando, FL
- Cost: Adult: $5 Child: $2
3) Celebration of Pets
Enjoy live music, delicious food and take in some great activities for the whole family – including Fido. Dachshund racing anyone? Animal adoptions are happening throughout the day.
- Highlight: Pampering your pet
- When: February 25: 10am-5pm
- Where: Sarasota Fairgrounds, 3000 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34237
- Cost: Free
4) Bands Brew and BBQ Music Festival
Enjoy the sounds of live music and the tastes of great BBQ and beer at SeaWorld! This weekend check out the Doobie Brothers and Ronnie Dunn!
- Highlight: Doobie Brothers!
- When: February 25&26, 4pm
- Where: SeaWorld, 7007 SeaWorld Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
- Cost: Included in Park Admission
5) Art and Craft Festival, Flagler Beach
Shop for fine art, fine crafts and fine food.
- Highlight: Shopping for arts & crafts
- When: February 25: 10am-5pm February 26: 10am-4pm
- Where: 105 S 2nd Street, Flagler Beach, FL 32136
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?