Best of Central Florida Events: Feb. 17-23
Florida Travel Guide – Feb. 17-23: Things to do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between February 17 and 23, let fun be your guide
1) Megacon 2012
Geek out this weekend at the Orange County Convention Center for the annual sci-fi/comic book/general-geeky-things Megacon Festival. There’ll be vendors, costume contests and famous people (Stan Lee and Tia Carrere will be there Saturday and Sunday!)
- Highlight: Weekend of comics and geekery
- When: Feb 17: 1pm-7pm, Feb 18: 10am-6pm, Feb 19: 10am-5pm
- Where: Orange County Convention Center, Hall D, 9800 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Cost: Adults: $25/day $60/weekend pass Children under 10: Free
2) Universal Studios Mardi Gras Concerts
See Grammy Award winning artists Kelly Clarkson (Saturday) and Boys II Men (Sunday) during Universal Studios Mardi Gras.
- Highlight: Kelly Clarkson & Boys II Men
- When: Feb 18 & 19: 8:30pm
- Where: Universal Orlando Resort, 6000 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819
- Cost: Included in Universal Studios Admission
3) Wine Fest XXII, Clermont
There’s no cost to attend Wine Fest XXII beyond a $2 donation at the gate which will benefit a local charity. For that $2 you get a complimentary winery tour, a tasting and to enjoy live music. (Food and wine available for purchase.)
- Highlight: Music and wine
- When: Feb 17: 10am-5pm, Feb 18: 10am-5pm, Feb 19: 11am-5pm
- Where: Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards, 19239 U.S. 27 North, Clermont, Florida 34715
- Cost: $2 donation
4) 128th Silver Spurs Rodeo of Champions
See cowboys from the pro circuit here at the largest rodeo east of the Mississippi.
- Highlight: Cowboys in action
- When: Feb 17 & 18: 7:30, Feb 19: 2pm
- Where: Silver Spurs Arena in Osceola Heritage Park, 1875 Silver Spur Lane, Kissimmee, FL, 34744
- Cost: Adults: $15 Children Under 10: Free
5) 12th Annual Orlando Wetlands Festival
Kids can enjoy face painting and games while you explore exhibits and celebrate the nature of the wetlands. There’ll be hayrides, live animals, rock climbing, entertainment, guided hikes, an animal catch & release demo and more.
- Highlight: Celebrating flora, fauna and feathered friends.
- When: Feb 18: 9am-3pm
- Where: Ft. Christmas Historical Park, 1300 North Fort Christmas Road, Christmas, FL 32709
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?