Best Of Central Florida Events: August 3-August 10
Florida Travel Guide – Events to do August 3-August 10
Looking for something to do in Florida this weekend as you travel through the central part of the state? Check out one of these great events!
1. Cedar Key Getaway Members Show
See the inspired works of Brevard artists Mike McCuiston, Karen Lewis, Therese Ferguson, Cynthia Perry, Lolly Walton, Jo Lincoln, Carol Marshall and Barbara Smythers at the opening reception for the Cedar Key Getaway Members Show. This exhibition is the result of an artistic retreat to Cedar Keys taken by these artists. Marvel at how the same subject was inter petered in a unique way by each of the artists.
- Highlight: Admiring works of art
- When: Friday August 3, 2012 | 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Where: Art & Antiques Studio, 1419 Highland Ave., Melbourne, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
See a tale as old as time…Broadway musical Disney’s Beauty and the Beast at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, Florida. This performance is based on the beloved 1991 Academy Award-winning Disney animated film, Beauty and the Beast.
- Highlight: Seeing Belle and The Beast on the stage
- When: August 3-August 5, 2012 (various times)
- Where: 1111 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater, Florida 33759
- Cost: Range $50-$70
3. WaZoo Beer Fest Tampa
Quench your thirst with a visit to what USA Today calls one of the “10 Great Beer Festivals in the Country’ – WaZoo Beer Fest. Enjoy live music as you sample more than 250 beers and other beverages from all over the world.
- Highlight: Sampling beers from around the world
- When: August 4, 2012
- Where: Lowry Park Zoo
- Cost: $50/person, $75/Beastly Beverage Club, $20/Designated drivers
Which of these Central Florida events would you most like to visit?