Best of Central Florida Events: April 6-13
Florida Travel Guide – April 6-13: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between April 6 and 13, let fun be your guide.
1. Weeki Wachee’s Wacky Egg Hunt
Grab your favorite Easter basket (or any bucket or basket will do) and head to Buccaneer Bay for a wacky Weeki Wachee (say that 5 times fast) egg hunt! Age 0-6 hunts take place in the kiddie pool while kids aged 7-13 will look for eggs on the beachfront.
- Highlight: Hunting for eggs in the water
- When: April 7, Age 0-3: 11am, Age 4-6: 12pm, Age 7-10: 1pm, Age 11-13: 2pm
- Where: 6131 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL 34606
- Cost: Included in price of admission Adult: 13, Age 6-12: $8, Under 5: Free
2. Run Forrest, Run! Easter Beach Run
It will happen at low tide on the hard-packed sands of Daytona Beach. The Easter Beach Run was first established in 1967 as a form of entertainment for visiting college students. Now it happens on Easter Saturday and there’s fun for the whole family!
- Highlight: Working off the chocolate bunnies
- When: April 7, 4 mile race: 1pm, 2 mile race & fun walk: 2:15pm, Kids races start at 3pm
- Where: Breakers Oceanfront Park, 13 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach
- Cost: Day of: $35, Kids races: $12, add child same family: $8
3. Hippity Hop Adventure at the Central Florida Zoo
Follow clues along the adventure trail at the Central Florida Zoo that will lead you to the Easter Bunny! Win prizes, candy and special surprises at Bunny Stops along the way. Kids can enjoy free face painting, crafts, magic, and even a free bunny tail!
- Highlight: A hopping good time
- When: April 7 & 8, 9-3pm
- Where: Central Florida Zoo, 3755 U.S. 17 Sanford, FL 32771
- Cost: Free with zoo admission
4. Easter Sunday Brunch at Royal St. Cloud
Bring the family to Royal St. Cloud Golf Links for a scrumptious and inexpensive Easter Sunday Brunch!
- Highlight: Budget-friendly Easter Brunch
- When: April 8, 10 and 12:15
- Where: Royal St. Cloud Golf Links, 5330 Michigan Ave, St Cloud, FL 34772, USA
- Cost: Adult: $24.95, 6-12: $15.95, 3-5: $6.95, Under 3: Free (tax and gratuity extra)
5. Ultimate National Cheerleading Championship
Watch the best cheerleaders in the country compete for the Ultimate National Championship.
- Highlight: Cheerleading at its best
- When: April 5-8
- Where: Gaylord Palms Resort, 6000 W Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Cost: Adult 1 day: $15 Child 1 day: $12 Adult 2 day: $25 Child 2 day: $20
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?